Sunday, January 08, 2017

Book Goals in 2017


Hi, here again for another post. Why do I keep finding myself posting in the middle of the night. It's currently 2:09 in the morning. Anyways, I'm trying to keep my blog alive. Recently, I've decided I want to read more books in 2017. One of the reason is because of Seventeen's Wonwoo. One of his 2017 goals is to read 50 books a year. If he can read that much despite his hectic schedule, then what is stoping me? Another reason is that one of my friend, Andrea, has inspired me to start reading again. She probably doesn't even know that and probably will never see this post but if you ever do, hi! my little soft! 

Now, I've read a lot of books in the past, not that many compared to other people who are way into reading, but just enough for me to say a lot. But like I said, recently, I've wanted to read more books.
I've only ever started getting into books when I got to Canada. The first book I've ever laid my hands on was The Outsiders by S.E Hinton . It was a mandatory reading for all the grade 7s. We even had to watch the movie. To be honest, I don't remember what the book was about. It was just very memorable as it was the first book that was given to me on my first day of school.

The book that I will never forget is The Giver by Lois Lowry. Again, it was also a mandatory reading, for grade 8s this time. The story was something I've never even heard of. The setting of the book was so vivid into my mind, it made me think like I was actually in the story itself. Everytime I go into a bookstore and see The Giver, I always smile and think, Aaah this is THE book. I really love it. I recommend for everybody to give it a try!

I've finished the very first book of my 2017 book goal yesterday. It's called Walking on Water by Richard Paul Evans. It was very eye opening and it tugged at my heartstring. Not gonna lie, it really did make me shed a tear here and there. Gotta give it up to Mr. Evans. I've read another of his work and felt the same thing.

I went to the library earlier with my sisters to borrow more books that Andrea had posted on her Twitter thread. I'm impressed with her book thread as I realized we are kind into the same genre. We also love poetry. Here are the books that I've borrowed and on my reading list:

David Levithan - Everyday
David Levithan - Every You, Every Me
David Levithan - The Realm of Possibility
David Levithan - Love is the Higher Law
David Levithan - Are We There Yet?
Richard Paul Evans - Last December
Tamara Ireland Stone - Time Between Us

Ah! Now that I think about it, I should go and make a series about book reviews. Let's see how that goes. Good luck and happy reading to me! Also, if you have any book recommendations to share, please feel free to comment down below! I love reading books that people recommend. It's like peeking into a tiny part of their life. 


5 comments:

  1. If you love poetry, I would suggest Lang Leav to you.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!! i have her books! it's amazing. btw have you read milk and honey by rupi kaur? its also an amazing book!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read your series of blog review. I should read books by lang leav too since everybody like her writing

    XX Atheera | http://atheeradayana.com XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyday by David Levithan is on my reading list too! :D

    ReplyDelete

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
Co-Exist © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.